A Valentine fine motor activity that helps us to make homemade Valentines for friends too? Count us in!
This easy fine motor themed invitation to create, draw, and stick is a great way to get creative and check making valentines off your "to do" list too!
Fine motor skills are important for kids! Having strong hand muscles can help kids with grasping things, holding a pencil, buttoning their coat, and more.
RELATED: Need more simple Valentine's Day ideas? Here is our popular list of Valentine's activities for kids.
What are fine motor skills?
Fine motor skills involve the use of the small muscles and then help kids with things like grasping, holding objects, and drawing,
According to Healthline, Fine motor skills are critical because they can help a child become independent, including helping them gain the ability to do a variety of self care skills and academic skills. Some of these self care skills include; dressing, brushing teeth, writing, and eating.
What do you need for this simple Valentine fine motor activity?
- paper heart
- (optional) craft tray
See! I told you it was simple. You only need a few materials... and I'll bet you already have them at your house!
This activity is an invitation to create! You can follow your child's lead when you give them these materials.
Here's how to get started with this Hearts Connect the Dots activity:
- Put marker dots around the border of the heart.
- Encourage your child to draw lines on the paper from dot to dot with marker, to make a beautiful heart border!
- Give your child a variety of stickers and encourage them to stick the stickers on the dots.
- Encourage kids to decorate the rest of the Valentine in whatever style they want.
- Add a message inside the heart for your Valentine and encourage your child to write their name! This is great to try whether they know the letters in their name or not.
Once your child is done decorating Valentines with stickers and markers and writing messages, they are ready for the final step-- delivering the valentines!
Want to try a few different types of Valentine fine motor activities? Here are a few favorites:
Easy Sticker Heart Activity - Toddler Approved
Fine the Heart Sticker Activity- Happy Toddler Playtime
Heart Themed Fine Motor Activity- Buggy & Buddy