Camp Mom is in session starting this week!! For those of you who are newer to our blog, you can read all about Camp Mom here. This is our third year hosting Camp Mom and I love it!
My goals for Camp Mom this year are to...
1) use materials we already have around the house for crafts and activities (so we save some $$)
2) focus on a new theme each week
3) embed language building and learning into each activity
4) have fun together!
Last year was a blast! Our themes included Car Fun, Little Chef Camp, Dinos and Volcanoes, Oceans, Fireworks and skyscrapers, and Down by the banks pond activities! Each week we plan to share some activities, crafts, and snacks related to the theme. Each session will also feature a children's book (or two or three) that we plan to read during the week.
Our first session's theme is going to be Classic Camp Crafts to get us started! We'll be sharing some simple classic camp crafts on the blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest a few of the days this week.
Here's the schedule for the rest of the weeks if you want to join in:
Week of July 16th- Bugs!
Week of July 23th- Olympics- Opening Ceremonies
Week of July 30th- Olympics- Water events
Week of August 6th- Olympics- Field and Sporting Events
Week of August 13th- Mad Backyard Science
Week of August 20th- Friendship
*Note- This is a revised schedule from what I published in the newsletter.
If you're joining us late, here are the Camp Mom Sessions that have been posted so far. Enjoy!
Week of July 9- Classic Camp Crafts
- Rainbow Stick Painting
- Banana Boats
- Felt Flower Bobby Pins
- Stick Hunt and Stick Journals via Life Your Way
- Tie Dye Lanyards via Life Your Way
- Batik Dyed Bookmarks via Life Your Way
- Glue Batik Tie Dyed T-shirts via Life Your Way
Week of July 16th- 10 Bugs Activities & Crafts
- Pipe Cleaner Antennae
- Name Bugs
- Alphabet Bug Spray
- Coffee Filter Butterflies
- Painted Rock Caterpillar
- Bug Scavenger Hunt
- Bug Olympics
- The Bee's Knees: A Camp Mom Game
- Playdough Bugs
- Gift Wrap Tube Caterpillar
Week of July 23- Olympic Opening Ceremonies
- Olympic Fun: Lego Ring sorting activity
- 6 Simple Activities for Celebrating the Olympic Opening Ceremonies
- Summer Olympic Charades
- Olympic Fun: Felt Ring Puzzle
- Olympic Friendship Bracelets at Life Your Way
- Olympics for Kids: Build a Lego Mascot at Quirky Momma
Week of July- Olympic Water Events
If you have an activity/craft/treat related to the theme, we would LOVE for you to share them on Friday on our Facebook wall or as part of our Kid's Co-op Link up!
If you have a favorite camp craft that you loved doing when you were little, what was it?
Leave a Comment