This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.
We love Dr. Seuss and have so much fun celebrating his birthday each year!
We think that Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss's book The Cat in the Hat are pretty silly, so we decided to make some popsicle puppets with some materials we had lying around the house.
- blue pom poms
- popsicle/craft sticks (fat ones)
- white paper
- red and white paint
- paint brush
- markers (red & black)
- googly eyes
- scissors (or circle craft punch)
1. Paint or color your craft sticks 3/4 of the way red.
2. Paint the top of the craft stick white (or leave it blank if you are using markers).
3. Cut out 2 circles and write "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" on each circle. We used our circle hole punch to cut the circles.
4. Glue the circles to the red part of the popsicle stick.
5. Let everything dry.
6. Use glue to add googly eyes to the white part of the craft stick.
7. Add blue pom poms to the top of the sticks with glue.
8. When everything is dry, add a mouth and nose with a marker.
9. Use your Thing 1 and Thing 2 to go and do goofy things around your house! Make messes, balance things on your head, and just be silly!
10. Read The Cat and the Hat and try and find Thing 1 and Thing 2... talk about what they do!
Check out several of our other favorite Dr. Seuss activities HERE and our Dr. Seuss Preschool Pinterest board.
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
Leave a Comment