What can I do with my toddler?
Try A Year of Play toddler plans! Make your life easier with a plan each day!
Do you ever feel overwhelmed and unsure of what you should be doing with your toddler and preschooler each day? I know I have felt that way!
Do you ever wish you could do more creative things with your kids, but you're just too tired to plan them or think of them? I have!
Get excited! I came up with an idea.
I created A Year of Play toddler plans to help us solve these problems!
Let me introduce you to A Year of Play: Simple toddler activity calendars and plans for busy parents!
The Year of Play is a simple ebook filled with a year of hands-on playful learning activities. It is created for kids ages 2-6 years old and includes 12 monthly calendars and 48 weekly activity plans!
Feel organized and calm knowing you have a plan if you need it! Create, connect, and encourage your kids to play more this year!
You can learn more in my shop.
Why did I create a Year of Play Toddler Plans?
Because It takes a lot of time and energy to plan fun activities.
Because when you're tired its nice to already have a plan in place so you can still do cool things together.
Because kids need time to create and connect with us too. This program fills those connection needs!
Because life is a little easier when you have a plan in your back pocket.
What is a Year of Play?
The Year of Play is a simple ebook filled with a year of hands-on playful learning activities and includes monthly activity calendars and weekly activity plans.
This program was created for kids ages 2-6 years old.
A Year of Play includes 12 monthly calendars and 48 weekly themed activity plans! Each week includes a book suggestion that goes along with the theme.
A Year of Play runs on a traditional calendar and includes calendars for all three Northern Hemisphere summer months (June, July, August) and includes a few holiday activities (Christmas, Valentines, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Fourth of July/Patriotic, Halloween, Thanksgiving).
You can purchase the Southern Hemisphere version of the ebook HERE.
Who is a Year of Play designed for?
- Parents who want to spend less time planning & do more with their kids.
- Working parents who need ideas of things to do with their kids when they're done with work.
- Homeschooling parents who need more resources.
- Parents who are looking for fun ways to connect with their kids.
- Grandparents who need activity ideas.
- Teachers and caregivers who need more tools as they plan for their students.
- And more!
The Year of Play was designed for parents of kids ages 2-6.
What are the benefits of using the Year of Play toddler plans?
A Year of Play provides so many benefits to families!
Here are five benefits of using A Year of Play!
- Introduces your child to a variety of books
- Encourages you to try new types of activities together
- Exposes your child to new vocabulary and themes
- Gives you a plan to have in your pocket on a tough day
- Helps your child develop new skills
What's inside this ebook?
A Year of Play includes 12 monthly calendars and 48 weekly themed activity plans! Each week also includes a book suggestion that goes along with the theme (48 book recommendations).
Here are the Year of Play weekly themes:
How do the calendars and plans work?
1. Download the calendars to your device. Save them to your desktop or phone for easy access.
2. Start the week by reading the recommended book. You can read it using the YouTube link embedded in your calendar if you don't have it.
3. Pick an activity. When you're ready to try an activity, scroll down to the activity plan for that week and pick your activity!
3. Print them out! The calendars and activity plans are great to hang up as a reminder of what’s on your schedule for the week or month. You can also just download them to you device or screenshot them for easy access.
How does each week look?
Each week includes a weekly activity plan with a book recommendation, materials list, and five simple activities.
Want to dive in and preview you what a Year of Play plan looks like? Go here to check out Year of Play Example Plan
What skills are kids learning using the Year of Play toddler plans?
Here are a few examples of skills kids are working on during specific types of activities in this ebook:
- Exploring colors, numbers, letters, shapes.
- Learning their names and what they look like.
- Beginning to make connections with the word and the actual object.
- Problem solving skills and observation skills
- Building fine motor skills
- Working on visual discrimination skills
- Developing new vocabulary
- Learning directional words (up down, over, under)
Sensory Bin Play
- Encourages imaginative play.
- Allows kids to explore new textures and use their five senses.
- Helps kids develop their fine motor skills.
- Can be calming and help kids focus.
- Teaches kids self control.
- Strengthening their finger muscles by squeezing with turkey basters and eye droppers
- Problem solving and making observations
- And more!
Are you ready to get started with these simple toddler activity plans? I'm excited to have you join me!
Feel organized and calm knowing you have a plan if you need it this year.