To say that this weekend was busy would be a complete understatement.
Despite the busyness, I managed to notice some incredibly kind things (in my life and the lives of others) and had to take a moment to share them with you. I also wanted to share with you my favorite quote from this weekend:
"No matter what circumstances you experience, your influence can be marvelously far-reaching. I believe
some of you have a tendency to underestimate your profound capacity for blessing the lives of others.
More often than not, it is not on the stage with some public pronouncement but in your example of
righteousness and the countless gentle acts of love and kindness done so willingly, so often on a one-to-
one basis." --James E. Faust
Here were my favorite kind acts of the week:
- My mom sent me (and my family) a big Godiva Valentine's Day package
- I helped co-host a baby shower and my sweet friend Wendy put together these adorable magnetic baby albums for the new mom (and the grandmas) using pictures she took in a photo shoot last week with the new mom and babe. So adorable and thoughtful!
- Our neighbors snuck into our house while my kids were gone and "heart attacked" their bedroom doors and my bedroom door.
It looked so adorable and my son was SOOOO EXCITED! He quietly yelled, "This is amazing!" (since the baby was sleeping and he could really be loud)
- I was in charge of decorating for a youth Valentine's Day dance at our church for four hundred kids. This picture below is just one I quickly snapped with my camera phone, so you can't see the details too well... but one amazing lady sewed a bunch of heart garlands for me, several other friends fluffed pom poms, and a group of teenagers and adults that I know sacrificed their Saturday afternoon to come help me blow up balloons, hang streamers, string twinkle lights, set up chairs and tables, and pin hearts to the wall.
- My cute son brought home a beautiful flower for me from church and sang me a darling song about how much he loves me.
What are some acts of kindness that you observed this past week?
Did you accomplish Kindness Challenge #4 last week (Look Outward and Give)? If so, what did you do?
If you've missed any of our kindness challenge posts so far, you can catch up by clicking the links below:
Also, have you donated to The Heart Project yet? As our ultimate kind act we are trying to raise over $2,000 for the American Heart Association by February 14th. I actually think that we can raise more than that... since we raised a $1,000 in just one day. We'd love to give you our free ebook filled with 100 + heart projects for kids when you donate. Go check it out!
Stay tuned for tomorrow's guest post by Creative with Kids!