I've been babysitting my one-year-old niece all week and am out of my element since I'm not at my house with my crafting supplies... so we haven't done too many art projects. Today we attempted to adapt this very very cute idea from No Time for Flashcards and use it to make a simple Father's Day card for Grandpa. Since we have virtually no craft materials with us... we tried to be creative with what we had.
We know Grandpa will love it even though it was a trial and error project and was a little bit of a disaster!
Materials Needed: Do-a-dot paints, Sharpie, sticker labels, scissors, markers, stickers, white or colored paper.
1. Using a Sharpie, write out the letters for what you want to spell on a sticker label. We wrote "Grandpa."
2. Cut out the stickers and place them where you want on the paper. If you look closely you can tell that I was way overtired doing this activity because my letter spacing was totally off... I obviously had a lot more space to use on the paper than I realized. Oh well! Make yours prettier. 🙂
3. Use markers or do-a-dot paints to cover the letters and the areas around them. We painted everywhere because that was just the fun thing to do. Using two paints at a time was quicker and more fun than just using one.
4. Let the paint dry. While we waited, we drew another picture for Grandpa to go on the inside of the card.
5. Once the paint is dry, peel off the stickers (carefully!). In this version you can really tell how off my brain was today 🙂
6. Next we taped our other picture onto the back side of our painted paper. Use double stick tape or glue to make this look good. We only had masking tape, so we tried our best. Then we wrote a little note for Grandpa.
Our next job is to make one of these DIY Father's Day Gifts for our Grandpa Superhero. We went shopping earlier today to buy all sorts of goodies for Grandpa. While we shopped, we talked about Grandpa's favorite treats and the things we love to do with Grandpa.
Hopefully between the cute card and the superhero package, Grandpa has an awesome Father's Day!
What cute things did you come up with for Father's Day gifts this year? We go home tomorrow, so then we'll get cracking on gifts for the super dad at our house. Pass along any great ideas if you have any! Especially simple ones.
Leave a Comment