RELATED: There are so many benefits of music on child development. Read three of our other favorite hands-on music activities for kids HERE.
HOW TO SET UP A MUSIC SENSORY BIN
Materials Needed for a Music Sensory Bin:
- Plastic underbed storage tub (we love our 32QT sterilite bin)
- Sensory bin filler (for ours we used colorful dried rice)- you could use dried rice, beans, noodles, etc.
- Plastic Easter eggs
- Jingle bells (variety of sizes)
- Magnets (we love our Magnet wands)
- Other fun instruments (We love these ribbon bells)
- Rhythm sticks
- Vinyl tablecloth for the floor
- Lay down a vinyl tablecloth or towel on the floor or table.
- Place the dried rice (or other sensory bin filler) in the plastic storage bin and place the bin on the vinyl tablecloth.
- Add in the instruments, eggs, jingle bells, and magnets.
- Start exploring!
Make egg shakers!
The plastic eggs are fun for the kids to fill with rice and then snap closed! Kids can then use their egg shakers to make music!
Sensory bins allow kids to develop so many skills.
Benefits of sensory bins:
- They are fun!
- They encourage imaginative play.
- They get kids off of screens and using their bodies to play and move.
- They allow kids to explore new textures and use their five senses.
- They help kids develop their fine motor skills.
- They can be calming and help kids focus.
- They teach kids self control.
Join us each week for our Kid Approved Life Skills School this summer.
We are taking simple important skills that kids need to learn and we are making them fun!
The activities are simple and hands-on.
The skills are ones that we think are important for kids to know as they become teens and adults.
We don't have to wait until they are adults. We can start preparing them now!
Did you miss any of the skills we've shared so far? Find them on our Hands-On Life Skills Activities landing page HERE.
Leave a Comment