I love to throw a good themed party! Although I love hosting parties for my kids and their friends, one of my favorite things to celebrate is the birth of new little babies! I think that each baby that is born deserves a celebration... whether it is a parent's first baby or third!
I love children's books and so does one of my favorite friends! When her first daughter was about to arrive, I teamed up with a few friends to throw her a children's book themed baby shower.
Today I'm going to share how we put together this simple children's book themed baby shower!
Using a children's book theme is such a fun idea for a baby shower!
Here's what you need to do to get started planning your awesome children's book themed shower:
- Brainstorm which books you want to feature at the shower. There are so many great children's books that tie well with food!
- Decide what time of day the shower will happen! That will help you decide whether you want a meal or just snacks or desserts for the food.
- Gather the children's books you want to feature. You can borrow these from the library, your own collection, or you can purchase a copy of each book for the guest of honor!
- Select the food item that will go with each book!
- Send out invitations.
- Set everything up with the book next to the featured food item.
- Enjoy the party and get eating!
Here are some of the children's books we featured along with the food item they were paired with:
(This post contains Amazon Affiliate links).
Book: Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin
Food: Taco bar! (shredded chicken, chips, cheese, lettuce, salsa, guac, sour cream)
Book: The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Food: Caterpillar shaped fruit platter
Book: Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann
Food: Pink macarons and Pink Sugar Cookie Bars (recipe here)
Book: If You Give a Cat a Cupcake by Laura Numeroff
Food: Cupcakes (you can keep this one easy by buying these at the store)
Book: Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
Food: Madelines! These were also store bought.
Book: If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff
Food: Homemade Chocolate chip cookies!
Book: Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor
Food: Chocolate eclairs
For decor, we put stacks of children's books around the house and put some vases of flowers on them or nearby to them.
Party favors aren't required, but I think they are fun to do! For the party favor I love giving out hand sanitizer or chapstick or other useful items for soon to be new-moms. You could also give out bookmarks or small board books to guests to keep with the book theme.
Have you ever hosted a children's book themed baby shower or even a book themed party?
What is your favorite book and what snack or treat would you tie with it?
** Don't forget to tell your guests about the theme and encourage them to bring a children's book for the new mama in addition to any other gift they want to bring.
Leave a Comment