Need an easy Christmas activity to try? Don't love the mess of decorating cookies? Try this easy gingerbread sticker art activity for kids! No frosting or actual gingerbread required!
What do you need for this gingerbread sticker art activity?
Toddler Approved is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about these links in my Disclosure Policy.
Here are the materials to try this decorate the pumpkins activity:
- Roll of paper (white or brown)
- Washable markers
- Stickers (I get these at Target)
- Googly eyes (or Googly eye stickers)
- Sticker jewels
- Painters tape
What's a good low prep Christmas activity?
This decorate the gingerbread people sticker activity is a great one!
It's awesome because it's quick to set up and works for a variety of ages of kids. I decorated gingerbread people with kids ages 2 years to age 5 recently and everyone's gingerbread people looked different! Kids loved it.
How do you set up this easy Christmas activity?
You won't believe how quick to set up this is!
- Tape down a big piece of brown or white paper to the floor or table or wall.
- Draw some gingerbread people on the paper with markers. Kids can help too.
- Give kids markers, crayons, stickers, jewels, etc. to start decorating the gingerbread people.
It's so easy!
Why should you try making this gingerbread sticker art activity?
The Gingerbread Sticker art activity is fun! It is also filled with so many different things that kids can learn that will help them later in life.
Here are some things kids can learn from this activity:
- Color names and color mixing as they draw and blend colors and trade colored markers and crayons with each other.
- Fine motor skills as kids draw and write
- Creativity as kids design their gingerbread people.
- Hand-eye coordination as kids manipulate the tools
- Counting as kids count how many eyes or dots or other details they add to their gingerbread people.
- So much more!
Not only is this a great activity for one child after school or during the day when time is ticking backwards, but it is an awesome group activity! If you draw several gingerbread people on your paper, more than one person can help decorate all of them!