Want a simple way to celebrate the Summer Games? Try this edible medals activity for kids! It's a great fine motor activity for toddlers and preschoolers
We love to watch the Summer Games and Winter Games together as a family. Sometimes we even host our own Family Games. We always love to end any event by doing this simple edible medals activity!
Snack + Activity = Snactivity! Snacktivities like this are a great way to help kids build fine motor skills. Kids love them because they can snack on some cereal while they build their cereal medal necklace.
The set up for this edible medals activity for kids is simple and quick!
What you need:
- Clear Tape
- Aluminum foil
- Fruit Loop cereal (or other circle cereal)
Kids love having a snack that they can wear! Parents and educators love that kids are building strong finger muscles as they thread the cereal onto the yarn.
Instructions for this Edible Medals Activity for Kids:
- Cut a thin piece of cardboard into a circle
- Wrap the circle in aluminum foil
- Poke two holes through the foil and cardboard at the top of the circle
- String yarn through the cardboard circle to make a medal necklace
- Have your child thread pieces of cereal onto each side of the medal necklace
- Snack while you create!
- Create a pattern as you go or just string whatever color cereal you want.
- Eat the cereal necklace!
You don't need any special reason to make these edible medals! They are fun for anytime of the year and great for birthday parties and field days too. Have kids decorate their medals with Sharpies and write their names on draw a favorite picture.