I'm passionate about sleep. I never realized how important it was until I had my first kid and rarely got any... for the first five years.
We tried everything. Sleep sacks, swaddle blankets, special pacifiers, sound machines, fans, rocking, bouncing... pretty much every trick in the book. Nothing worked.
Fast forward several years and now I'm moving out of the baby stage. My youngest is three and I can actually sleep again. Hooray! I feel like a real person.
I know how it feels to be living in a fog of no sleep. It is more than just frustrating. If it is hard for me, I can't even imagine how hard it is for my little one that can't sleep. I would love to help you move your little one through this stage faster than I did and save your sanity a bit!
Today I'm excited to share a new tool for you to add to your parenting toolbox to help your child sleep... the Dreamland Baby Wearable Weighted Blanket!
Dreamland Baby was started by my friend (and a mom of four) Tara Williams, in an effort to help her baby sleep soundly through the night.
As Tara got started, she collaborated with pediatricians, NICU nurses and certified sleep consultants to design an effective, safe and optimally weighted swaddle and sleep sack that helps infants fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
Babies that will fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer? Sign me up!
Here's what I love about these wearable weighted blankets:
1. They look cozy and beautiful!
2. Dreamland Baby's weighted filling is a high-density poly pellet. The material inside the blanket are food grade, nontoxic, odorless, and completely safe.
3. The rounded beads are evenly distributed in tiny, hand-sewn boxes to provide a gentle weight and comfortable texture that isn’t found in any other product. This means they won't leak out or bunch up in one area of your blanket.
4. They are doctor approved!
5. There are swaddle and non-swaddle options for kids 0-12 months. Swaddles are for 0-6 month olds, sleep sacks are for 6-12 month olds.
6. The wing for the swaddle is removable! This is awesome because it allows babies to wash just the wing or completely remove it if baby rolls over before six months and you don't need ti any more.
7. There are two YKK zippers. One at the top and one at the bottom for middle of the night diaper changes.
Have you ever used a wearable weighted blanket? Why use a weighted blanket?
I've heard they're great, but I haven't tried one for me yet. Did you know that the gentle weight stimulates pressure points, increasing serotonin and melatonin, while decreasing cortisol levels to increase relaxation and decrease stress?? I had no idea... and now I kind of want a Dreamland Baby weighted blanket in my size!
Where can I get a wearable weighted blanket for my baby?
If you're interested in purchasing a Dreamland Baby weighted swaddle (0-6 month) or weighted sleep sack (6-12 months) you can get a 45% discount by going here HERE >> Blankets start at $44.
Why purchase from Dreamland Baby?
The Dreamland Baby weighted blanket is...
- Safety certified
- Eco friendly
- Recognized by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute as a "hip-healthy" product that promotes optimum hip development.
- Looks so cute and cuddly
If you have a little one in the 0-12 month range, try it out!
How much is a wearable weighted blanket?
Kickstarter for Dreamland Baby just launched TODAY! If you order right away, you can grab a weighted blanket for only $44 --which is a steal, go here
to see the Kickstarter video or watch below.
Hopefully you'll save yourself and your little one HOURS of sleep with your purchase!
Disclaimer: These are my opinions! I received no compensation for this post. I am so excited to share this new tool with you!
Leave a Comment