Have you had a good week? I'm exhausted thinking about mine. We are in vacation overload but are loving it!
Here's a wrap up of some things I've been up to this week... and I'm also sharing a few favorite festive Fourth of July posts and a hit or two from last week's Kid's Co-op.
Two weeks ago we were at the beach in the Pacific Ocean and this week we're hanging out by the beach in the Atlantic.
- Survived the long coast to coast airplane ride with my large 18 month old sitting on my lap. Thank you Thomas the train toys and an Aquadoodle for helping keep her entertained (among other things)! We bought her her own seat for the way home... my pregnant belly could not handle it again!
- Made our first ever no-sew capes!
- Visited Historic Williamsburg during a heat wave... we'll try again when the kids are older.
- Tried out tie dying some new things for the Fourth of July!
- Introduced my toddler to mini-golf at our resort- it was hysterical.
- Did some friendship themed reading and crafts as part of the #readforgood MeMeTales Readathon!
Here are three cool toddler-friendly Fourth of July crafts and activities I've discovered! Have you done anything festive yet for the 4th?
Freedom Collages for the 4th of July via No Time for Flashcards
I seriously LOVE these. I love how open-ended they are. Perfect for toddlers.
Red, White, and Blue Skewers via Make & Takes
This is a great one from the Make & Takes archives. My kids looove marshmallows!
DIY Firework Shirts via The Mother Huddle
Such a great idea to use pipe cleaners for painting/printing the fireworks!!
These are sooo simple!
My three favorite posts from last week's Kid's Co-op Linky are...
Simple Snake Sock Puppet via Jennifer Fischer (So simple and silly!)
Painting with colored ice cubes via The Children's Art Group (love the vibrant colors!)
25 Ways to Play with Goop via Growing a Jeweled Rose
There are so many great ideas this week too, so stop by and check them out. If you've done anything this week that you want to share, make sure to come and link up!! Have a great weekend!!
Leave a Comment