Today we are participating in an Earth Day Blog Hop hosted by Mommy Labs and Greening Sam and Avery. There are over 30 bloggers sharing Earth-friendly ideas as part of our Earth Day celebration! Earth Day is on April 22nd, so you can link up your ideas to this blog hop anytime between now and Earth Day.
One of the ways that we like to be kind to the Earth in our home is to reuse many common objects... and give them new life... or at least a new purpose.
Today I am sharing five different crafts or projects that are made from some of the reused materials we have stashed in our craft cupboard.
Some of the materials we like to keep and reuse include:
- toilet and paper towel rolls
- baby food jars (and plastic containers) and lids
- any sort of plastic container (yogurt, sour cream, etc.)
- glass jars
- cardboard boxes (pasta boxes, shoeboxes, etc.)
- plastic puffs and chip containers
- playdoh lids and containers
- tissue paper/wrapping paper
- broken or ripped books
- and soooo many other things my husband wishes we didn't keep 🙂
Are you looking for some other fun ways to reuse common items around your home?
Here are five creative projects, activities, and crafts to help you reuse toilet rolls, boxes, lids, playdoh tubs, and plastic containers:
1. The Five Minute Pinata (using a cardboard box)
2. Kindness Jar (using a plastic baby puffs container)
3. ABC Stamps (using playdoh tubs and lids)
4. Number Hockey (using baby food jar lids)
5. Homemade microphone (using a toilet paper roll)
- What are some other items that you like to reuse and craft or create with?
- Do you have a cupboard like I do with cardboard boxes and toilet paper rolls spilling out every time it is opened?
- Do you have a craft or creation that you can link up to the Earth Day blog hop below? We'd love to see it!
Make sure to stop by all of these other participating blogs below and check out what they have created. I'm pretty sure you will be amazed at the range of creativity and awesomeness that you find.
Teach Preschool | Ready.Set.Read | Living at the Whitehead’s Zoo | The Outlaw Mom Blog | Rainy Day Mum | The Golden Gleam | Inspiration Laboratories | Nurture Store | Experimenting Mom | Kids Stuff World | Artsy Craftsy Mom | Creativity My Passion | Imagination Soup | Caution! Twins at play |Rockabye Butterfly | Explore Education | Getting Messy with Miss Jessy | Daria Music | Mama Smiles |Let’s Lasso the Moon | Reading Confetti | The Educators’ Spin On It | Kitchen Counter Chronicles | De tout et de rien | Our Feminist Playschool | The Wise Owl Factory Book a Day | Mommy and Me Book Club | Dirt and Boogers | Carrots Are Orange | Putti Prapancha | Toddler Approved | Imprints from Tricia | Smiling like Sunshine |