There are so many ways you can play, explore, and create with leaves!
Here is a wonderful collection of some of our favorite Fall leaf themed activities for toddlers! Preschoolers and older kids will enjoy them too!
Are you ready for crisp cool days and leaves to start falling? One of my favorite memories as a child was exploring colorful leaves and tossing them into the air and building big piles and jumping into them.
Whether you live where leaves fall or you need to buy some fabric leaves to pretend it is Fall, these activities are sure to help you have a magical time together!
The Fall season is filled with so many opportunities to teach your little one! You can explore colors, shapes, science concepts, and even read some new books! This simple round up is filled with Fall activities that teach so many different learning concepts.
A few of the learning concepts explore in these leaf activities include:
- fine and gross motor skills
- cutting/scissor skills
- alphabet letters
- five senses
- following directions
As you scroll through this list and see an activity that you'd like to try, just click on the activity and you'll be led to the full tutorial. Many of the activities shared in this post are from some of my talented creative friends!
Here are 25+ Leaf Activities for Toddlers
1. Go on a leaf hunt
2. Do some Mess Free Leaf Painting
3. Make a Fall Wreath with Leaves
4. Put together a Fall sticky tree
5. Make Button Leaf collages
6. Do a Fall Leaf Color Stomp
7. Paint some Giant Watercolor Leaves
8. Play a Fall leaf Alphabet Match game
9. Create some Sparkly Fall Leaves
10. Design a Leaf Man
11. Make a Fall Tree craft from Busy Toddler
12. Try out a Leaf Cutting Tray by Happy Toddler Playtime
13. Do some Indoor Leaf Raking by Mrs. Plemon's Kindergarten
14. Design some Fall Painted Leaves by No Time for Flashcards
15. Explore a Fall Leaves Sensory Bottle by No Time for Flashcards
16. Try a Leaf toss and pick up game by Mrs. Plemon's Kindergarten
17. Go on a ABC Leaf Hunt by Learn Play Imagine
18. Create some Spin Art Leaves by No Time for Flashcards
19. Squish a Leaf Sensory Bag by Kids Craft Room
20. Play a Fall Leaf Name Game by Simple Play Ideas
21. Make some Easy Marbled Fall Leaves by I Heart Arts N Crafts
22. Set up some Fall Leaf Potato Stamping by How Wee Learn
23. Make a Leaf Crown by Nurturestore
24. Make Salt Dough Leaves by The Imagination Tree
25. Bake Fall Leaf Cookies by Nurturestore
26. Make playdough leaf prints.
27. Eat some Fall Leaves Rice Crispies by Two Sisters Crafting
28. Mix up some Fall Leaves Sensory Soup by And Next Comes L
If you enjoyed these activities, you might have fun exploring some of our other favorite Fall topics, like pumpkins and Halloween.
- 31 Ideas for an Active October
- 9 Pumpkin Activities for Toddlers
- 10 Toddler Approved Halloween Crafts
Don't forget to leave us a comment if you try out one of the activities we shared!
RELATED: Need more ideas for toddlers or preschoolers? Check out these 25 quick easy toddler activities!
Leave a Comment