Are you looking for a way to learn and connect with other parents this year? Are you looking for accountability and support? A place for your kids to connect socially?
I have created the Hands-On Learning Hub, an online parent community on Facebook, to help parents connect and learn with their kids and other parents.
Gain confidence as a parent as you learn new things, connect with other parents, and try exciting hands-on activities with your kids!
The Hands-On Learning Hub is a membership group to support busy parents who....
- Need a few quick activity ideas each week.
- Want some accountability as they teach their kids at home.
- Need some creative ways to connect in online & social ways.
- Want help and resources from an experienced teacher.
- Are excited to become better parents and want to learn from parenting experts and educators!
I'm so excited to open our Hands-On Learning Hub membership this week!
RELATED: Need some hands-on learning activity plans right now? Check out our Year of Play ebook.
Who is the Hands-On Learning Hub for?
Parents of young kids ages 2-5! Many of the activities and ideas we'll be sharing will also work for kindergarten and first grade parents... probably second grade parents too (since I am one?).
Your Hands-On Learning Hub Membership includes exclusive access to a private Facebook group with the following opportunities:
- Weekly story time.
- Weekly activity ideas for kids (videos and printable plans posted weekly).
- Weekly 10 Minute Parent classes featuring guest educators/parents.
- Monthly Optional Small group virtual playdates (US only).
- Virtual opportunities to connect with other toddler/preschool parents.
- Ongoing support all year from a National Board Certified teacher.
THE MEMBERSHIP GROUP IS OPEN
Weekly 10 minute Parent classes may include the following topics and more!
- Ideas to start your day successfully with young children
- Setting up simple invitations to create
- Tips for setting up your homeschool preschool
- Tips for reading with toddlers
- Simple activities/tips for encourage toddler language development
- Toy recommendations that promote independent/open-ended play
- Creative ways to celebrate
- Setting up your own Tinker lab at home
- Helping siblings play and learn together
- Simple snacks/meal ideas for young children
- Awesome and easy to set up sensory bins
- Fun Book themed ideas for kids
What sort of activities will be shared in the Hands-On Learning Hub?
There will be twelve areas of focus that we will concentrate on this year through activities, classes, and social playdates. These activities are based on various preschool and prekindergarten curriculum standards.
- Free play (how to help your kids do more of it!)
- Social activities (working on listening, turn taking, talking)
- Story time/snacks
- Sensory activities
- Fine motor activities
- Name activities (fun ways to help kids learn their names)
- ABC activities (lots of literacy ideas!)
- Math activities (playing, creating, and being hands-on with math concepts)
- Science activities (through simple science investigations and experiments)
- Art activities (we'll exploring materials and different styles of art)
- Physical fitness activities (we'll get moving!
Need some consistency in your life? Our Hands-On Learning Hub has a schedule!
Sundays (starting August 16th) -
We'll post an intro video for the week with an overview of a few activities you can try!
Story time will be posted in the group and you'll have access to the video for the week. You can watch it as many times as you want! My daughter Annabelle is already watching the videos of me reading on repeat.
10 minute Parent Classes will begin! The video will be accessible for you to watch for one month. A class will be shared each week on a different topic. Many of my favorite friends (parents/educators) will be sharing their expertise with you!
This is your day to share what you've been up to with us! Share activities you've tried, a photo of something your child learned, or just vent for a sec about something that's been hard (or that you want to brag about!).
This is our social day! We'll be doing some virtual playdates and meets on these days using Facebook Messenger Rooms and/or Zoom. We will be learning together and finding creative ways to learn, create, and have fun! Don't worry if you don't know what Messenger Rooms or Zoom is yet- I will help you!
** Messenger Rooms & Zoom socials will take place during the morning or afternoon based on Pacific Time (I am in California). Times will vary each week so that different people can participate.
At the end of the week we'll post the activity list for the following week. This way you know what to expect and feel planned ahead of time. The activities are optional, but there are there if you need them.
THE MEMBERSHIP GROUP IS OPEN!
What to expect once you sign up:
- You'll get a receipt and an email that asks you to confirm your subscription.
- Next you'll get an email with the private Facebook group link.
- Read the instructions in the email and click on the link.
- Hang tight and I'll make sure you get added to the group asap. (It will depending on the time of day that you sign up since it isn't automatic and I have to check each person to keep things safe.)
Have any questions? Just send me an email to [email protected]
What's different about this Facebook group?
This Facebook group is NOT set up to be a fast-paced group with lots of posting of parenting questions and advice. This group is intentionally created to be a place focused on learning and connecting- but in an organized way!
Content will be shared each week and then removed so that there isn't tons of visual noise/clutter.
The goal of this Facebook group is for you to come, access the content and use the resources provided, and then get off the computer and get hands-on with your kids!
We will have dedicated "social time" each week for chatter/question answering/coaching!
This group's goal isn't to get really big either. We want to keep it manageable so that everyone can participate and have a great experience!
What happens during a virtual playdate?
We'll do all sorts of things! Each time will be different.
- Movement activities
- Read stories together
- Playing games
- Scavenger Hunts
- Simple art, cooking, or science activity (I'll tell you the materials to have in advance)
- And more!
This is the year to be creative and try new things! That's what I will be doing and I'm excited to have you along for the ride with me.
THE MEMBERSHIP GROUP IS OPEN