- easy and quick to set up (attention spans are short!)
- taste-safe (for kids who try to eat everything)
- movement based (since they rarely sit still!)
These 18+ easy play ideas for kids ages 9-18 months are ones that I have tried or plan to try with my son... and they feature awesome ideas from many of my favorite bloggers... and a few from me too.
Just click on the links below to get more details on these 18 easy play ideas for kids ages 9-18 months...
Sensory Play Ideas for Babies & One Year Olds
Put together some soapy sensory jars via Hands On As We Grow
Create a treasure basket via The Imagination Tree
Make a Sensory Play Area via Toddler Approved
Music & Art Ideas for Babies & One Year Olds
Put together rainbow bottles/music shakers via My Little 3 and M
Gross & Fine Motor Ideas for Babies & One Year Olds
Baby Ring Grab via Happy Toddler Playtime
Create a DIY tugging box via Laughing Kids Learn
Play with cardboard rolls and pom poms via Toddler Approved
Make a simple obstacle course via Hands On As We Grow
Drip Drop Car Wash via Toddler Approved
Make a Peek-a-boo Jigsaw via Nurturestore
A few other super duper simple ideas that I do with my 16 month old include...
- Pretending to take naps in big sister's bed (and then waking up... and then "going back to sleep")
- Shooting pom poms down ramps through paper towel rolls
- Exploring a pan full of rice crispies using measuring cups... and then crushing them
- Making a paper towel roll marble run for marbles, blocks, and pom poms
- Splashing with hands in a pan of shallow water
If you have any other favorite easy play activities for 9-18 month old kiddos, please share them in the comments!
By the way, some of these activities are totally fun for siblings to do together or for kids 18 months + so give them a try if you have an older kiddo too who you think might like these.
You can find more activities for babies and toddlers in my e-book!!!
Zero to Two: The Book of Play (my e-book) is full of fun activities for babies and toddlers. Download your copy here!