This post includes Amazon Affiliate links.
There are a lot of reasons you might be sticking closer to home this summer, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun!
Print out this list of 40+ summer activity ideas and stick it on your fridge for when your kids need a fun idea to try this summer! If we find some others we love, we’ll add them here as well!
These activities are a mix of super easy to prep ideas along with a few special classic summer camp activities that might need some extra supplies (like tie dye). It’s ok to mix it up!
Pick what works for you! Click on the links below for details.
40+ Staycation Summer Activity Ideas
1. Play with LEGO all day (or try some LEGO challenges)
2. Make a box arcade inspired by Cain’s arcade
3. Host an outdoor movie night – Hello, Wonderful
4. Go on a hike (bring spray bottles to spray nature)
5. Create a family Nerf play zone
6. Play water balloon games– Love Play Learn
7. Make frozen chalk paint– Growing a Jeweled Rose
8. Paint with water balloons
9. Make homemade popsicles
10. Host a family stop motion film festival (this intro Stop Motion camp is available for free right now, read the details on Instagram to see how you can get it for free)
16. Make a stuffed animal or toy hunt
17. Go get big swirl ice cream cones
18. Make homemade ice cream in a bag– Busy Toddler
19. Have a family cooking class (these are some favorite Camp Mom cooking ideas)
20. Make something with paper mache – Red Ted Art
21. Host a beach day– Flying with Four
22. Create origami – Red Ted Art
23. Build bird feeders with craft sticks
24. Do an art activity inspired by a famous artists
25. Go on a nature or bug scavenger hunt
26. Make a toy car wash
27. Go on a bike or scooter ride (these Micro mini scooters are the best!)
28. Play in a baby pool (you could even have a baby pool treasure hunt!)
29. Have a family jogging club (end it by running through the sprinklers)
30. Play with Oobleck
36. Make bubble snakes
37. Host a family Olympics (or a small backyard Olympics)
38. Race ice boats
39. Paint with bubbles– Hello, Wonderful
40. Host a drive-thru cookie and lemonade/soda stand for friends
41. Make a chalk obstacle course– Hands On As We Grow
42. Paint some ice– Days with Grey
43. Read outside in camping chairs (or on a picnic blanket)
44. Make some nature soup– Happily Ever Mom
45. Try some spray art