There are so many activities that you can do during the month of December. I've compiled 25 of our favorite activities (plus 25 bonus ideas), in our Toddler Christmas Advent Ebook. These activities include crafts, activities, and snacks! We're also sharing some of our favorite sensory bins.
In addition to our 25 advent activities, there are a few simple and inexpensive activities that we try and fit in each December. Some of them only take a few minutes and others can take longer.
Here are 20 of our favorite INEXPENSIVE activities for families during the Christmas season!
1. Make candy cane cookies for your neighbors.
2. Drive around your neighborhood to see the lights.
3. Build a Christmas fort with twinkle lights.
4. Donate cans of food to a local food pantry/bank.
5. Make an Elf workshop using your toys.
6. Drink hot cocoa and stir it with candy canes.
7. Play with playdough and Christmas cookie cutters.
8. Have a Christmas music dance party.
9. Make Christmas cards/drawings for residents at a local rehabilitation center or senior care center.
10. Do a Random Act of Christmas Kindness.
11. Make Paper Towel Snowflakes.
12. Invite friends over to make Rice Crispy Snow Village.
13. Go to a Christmas concert or dance show.
14. Make a video singing a Christmas song and send it to a Grandparent.
15. Learn a Christmas dance. This one is fun.
16. Go on a candy cane hunt.
17. Make a simple cinnamon Christmas ornament.
18. Decorate Snowman cookies.
19. Read one of our favorite Toddler Christmas Books.
20. Donate toys you don't use or need to a local children's shelter or donation center.
Do you have any other favorite inexpensive activities or activities that don't cost any money that you like to do during December?