I love using simple games to get my kids moving, learning, and having fun.
Learning Resources sent me a free set of Pop Games for Preschoolers and we've been loving playing with them and incorporating them into our learning activities!
In the Preschool Pop Games Bundle there are four simple pop games to play. Each set focuses on a different concept... colors, shapes, counting, and rhyming.
To break in our Pop games we decided to use them to come up with a few Move and Learn activities.
Today we'll be focusing on the Pop for shapes game since that was the favorite of the four games during our little preschool last week.
Our first Pop for shapes game activity was a Giant Shape Game.
We scattered cut out shapes on the floor around the room and taped them to the floor using painters tape.
Then each child got to pull a bubble card out of the container and say the shape they saw!
Once they said the name of the shape they got to run around the room and match the card to the large shape on the floor... kind of like we did in our Tape Shape Matching Game.
Next we went on a Shape Hunt.
Each child got to pull a bubble card out of the Pop game container, say the name of the shape, and then all of the kids got to go on a hunt around the playroom to find an object that had that same shape. Everyone worked together!! Sometimes the kids even used several objects to make the shape.
For our last activity we played a Giant Shape Bingo Game.
We used painters tape to make the outlines of two bingo boards on the floor and we put paper shapes inside each bingo board rectangle. You can download my free printable shapes here. I have included 8 shapes that were in the Pop games. I printed the shapes out so that there were two on each page and then I cut the pages in half.
As an adult pulled out a bubble card from the container, the kids had to say the shape name, and then go put a marker (beanbag or toy) on top of that shape on their bingo board. Once they got three in a row then they yelled BINGO!
The baby had so much fun helping to pull the cards out and show them to the big kids.
These cute Preschool Pop games from Learning Resources are super easy to play, easy to store, and just look fun. As soon as my kids saw the set they wanted to play with them right then. My little preschool students felt the same way.
Things I love about these Pop games are the...
- bright colors
- easy directions
- open-endedness of the product... you really could use them for all sorts of other activities besides just Pop games (even just as simple manipulatives).
- and simple concepts that are taught
Today I am excited to give one Toddler Approved reader the opportunity to win their own Learning Resources Preschool Pop Games Bundle.
Giveaway Entry Requirements:
- Make sure to fill in the rafflecopter giveaway entry below and complete the mandatory email entry.
- You can get up to twelve entries by completing all tasks mentioned in the rafflecopter form below. Some earn you more entries than others.
- This giveaway is open for entry from Wednesday, January 22nd to Tuesday, January 28th at 12:00am (PST)
- The winning entry will be drawn on Tuesday, January 28th. I will notify the winner via email.
- The winner will need to reply to me within 72 hours of my email. If there is no response, a new winner will be drawn.
- See our Official Giveaway Rules for complete guidelines. US Residents only.
Make sure to check out the posts from the other co-hosts of our Move & Learn series:
Heart Pattern Game from The Pleasantest Thing
Pom Pom Learning Game from Hands On: As We Grow
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Learning Resources.