Happy Friday! Can you believe it is already the weekend?
I am still recovering from our weekend of camping last weekend. My entire downstairs hallway is filled with laundry and so is my bedroom floor. Camping honestly exceeded my expectations (though they were pretty low to begin with)... but so did the disaster that came with it! 🙂 I need a week to recover (without little people running around in my laundry piles).
Top two tips from camping with my kids are...
- Bring mini spray bottles- I randomly threw them in and they played with them NON stop. They sprayed the car, the plants, each other, etc. All while I got to sit in my camping chair and read a book. It was heaven!
- Bring three times more clothes than you think you need for the toddler. I am serious. My husband laughed at how much stuff I brought for her but she wore every single thing! At nighttime I made my kids wear three layers plus hats because it was so cold. Everyone slept warmly and came home healthy!
It is June! Yay! We have tons of fun things going on this month that I can't wait to share with you.
- Our first newsletter went out today! Did you get it? I'd love to hear your feedback, so reply and send it my way. What did you like? What do you want more of? If you didn't get it, don't worry, you can sign up here and I'll get it to you asap!
- We're joining with Memetales and several other bloggers and publishers for Readathon 2012! Free books, cool resources... you won't want to miss it! Stay tuned for more details.
- We have an exciting giveaway coming on Monday. You can read about it in our newsletter or just wait till Monday. I can't wait!
- We are starting a Summer Virtual Book Club with 15+ bloggers! I'll share more later this weekend... but starting planning ahead by choosing your favorite book by Mo Willems.
I'm sure I have loads more to share... but that's all for now. I need to start packing for our quick trip to Monterey this weekend. My husband is getting scuba certified (for our upcoming trip to Hawaii) and has a big dive... so the kids and I are tagging along to go explore the tidepools and relax. Ha! Relax toting two kids around Monterey? That probably won't happen... but I'll keep telling myself it will! 🙂
I would love to just sleep all weekend long! How about you? Do you have anything fun planned?
We are also participating in this week's Kid's Co-op. If you did anything exciting or creative last week, come link it up! We would love to feature you next week!