Foam Present Ornament
Continuing with the homemade ornament trend… here is another ornament we came up with today. We wanted to use photos of our family. This ornament was simple and my son LOVED choosing paper and ribbon for each family member and seeing everyone’s photo. He also LOVED choosing where everyone got to go on his tree.
Materials Needed: scrapbook paper, holiday ribbon, foam sheets, pipe cleaners, Elmers glue, tape, scissors, black marker, photos of your family, something circular to trace.
1. Print out pictures of family members. We traced a circular lid onto the photo paper and then cut out the pictures so that each picture was round.
2. Cut the foam sheets and scrapbook paper into square shapes.
3. Add glue to the foam sheet
4. Press the scrapbook paper square onto the top of the gluey foam.
5. Tape or glue ribbon onto the scrapbook paper.
6. Glue the photo onto the center of the present.
7. Add a bow at the top of the present and tape or glue it down.
8. Poke a hole through the top of the present using your scissors and then stick a pipe cleaner through the hole and make a loop.
9. Hang the ornament onto the tree! We made these for each family member and it was hysterical to see where each person wound up on the tree. My husband and son were at the top (they’re “tall”)… our new little baby found herself on the bottom of the tree (“she’s the smallest”) and I was somewhere in the middle.
Along with this activity, we watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas and talked about how the Grinch stole presents from the little children… and then gave them back!