This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.
Today we decided to collect some colorful leaves while we were at the park and bring them home and make leaf turkey cards for our neighbors!
– colorful Fall leaves (we’ve used leftover fake ones and real ones we’ve collected on a leaf hunt)
– Elmers glue
– construction paper scraps (red, orange, brown)
– googly eyes
– cardstock for the card base
1. Fold a piece of cardstock in half to make a card
2. Have your little one cover the front of the card with glue.
3. Stick colorful leaves onto the glue.
4. Cut out a turkey body, gobbler, and beak from scrap construction paper.
5. Glue the turkey body, gobbler, and beak onto the top of the leaves.
6. Add some googly eyes!
7. Don’t forget the little feet!
8. Let the glue dry and then write a nice message inside telling your friend/family member why you are thankful for them!!
I loved these cards because they were simple, easy, and quick! A perfect activity for right before dinner.
While we were waiting for the glue to dry, we made more of these Pilgrim hat cookies for our friends/neighbors… and then we ate a bunch ourselves since “We are Thankful for treats!”
We also read The Pilgrims’ First Thanksgiving by Ann McGovern, since “We are Thankful for the first Thanksgiving” and “We are Thankful for books!”