Simple Play Ideas
“Play is the work of childhood” – Jean Piaget
Do you need some easy to set up play ideas for your toddler, preschooler, or big kid?
This page is here to be a resource for you!
Play is so important for kids!
Here are several reasons play is critical in your child’s development:
Play helps kids…
- Use their creativity and develop their imaginations
- Develop their motor skills (fine & gross motor)
- Practice self-control
- Build their attention-span
- Develop their language skills
- Work on problem solving and social skills
- Develop their emotions
- Learn so many important things (academic and social)
- Build self-confidence and independent skills
You can set up your home to encourage your child’s imagination and help them be more successful in their “job” to play!
How can you get your kids to play by themselves?
Read these 8 Tips to Help Your Toddler Play Independently!
This page is filled with simple to set up play ideas!
These play ideas are open-ended to help kids express themselves and not feel limited by rules or expectations. They allow kids to use their imaginations and creativity!
Here are some examples of open-ended play ideas…
- Water play activities
- Playdough activities
- Sensory bins
- Outdoor play ideas
- Pretend play set-ups
- Building activities
It’s time to get started playing!