This year I am so excited to announce that our Virtual Book Club for Kids will be held weekly!
I love children’s books and like the consistency of focusing on a different book and theme each week, so we’re revamping Virtual Book Club for Kids this year and trying something new. I hope you’ll join me, Cerys (from Rainy Day Mum). Kim (from The Educators’ Spin On It), and several other amazing co-hosts.
Each Monday during the 2016-2017 school year we’ll be featuring a new children’s book by a favorite author and we’ll be sharing a themed activity related to the book. We are inviting YOU to not only read the featured book with your kids, but also try out a book related activity during the week and report back!
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.
Do you think you can join us?
To add some accountability and give you support, we have created a Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids Facebook Group where you can come and get activity ideas, get additional book recommendations, and share what you’re up to with your kids! The group will be closed and ONLY members of the Facebook group can see what is posted in the group.
Click HERE to join our special Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/weeklyVBCforkids/
Below you will find our featured books for September and October and more details regarding how you can participate in our Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids this year!
BOOK LIST FOR SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2016-2017:
Each week starting on September 12th we will feature book inspired activities on our blogs on Mondays.
Sept 12- Ten Apples Up On Top by Dr. Seuss
Sept 19- Should I Share my Ice Cream? by Mo Willems
Sept 26- Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert
Oct 3- Five Little Pumpkins by Dan Yaccarino
Oct 10- Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
Oct 17- The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle
Oct 24- Time for Bed by Mem Fox
Oct 31- Owl Babies by Martin Waddell
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN VIRTUAL BOOK CLUB FOR KIDS:
1. Start by locating the featured book for the week of September 12th and read it with your child sometime during that week! Leave a comment on this post committing to join for September!
Most of the books we are featuring can be found at your local library. I have provided Amazon Affiliate links for your ease as well if you want to purchase the books and add them to your home library. We will share our September and October book lists with you now and then we’ll make sure you have the new list about a month ahead of time so you can plan (ie. you’ll get the November list at the beginning of October). We’ll be sharing additional books based on the weekly theme in our Facebook group.
2. Try out one or more of the featured activities shared by our Virtual Book Club for Kids co-hosts with your child. Activities will be posted each week on Mondays.
We will be sharing all of the featured activities over in our Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids Facebook group so that they are easy for you to find. If you haven’t joined our Facebook group yet you might want to go do it so that you won’t miss anything. I will also be linking to each activity on my weekly Monday blog post.
3. Post a photo or tell us about the book-inspired activity you did with your child over in the Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids Facebook group.
4. (Optional) Create your own book-inspired activity using the featured book and either share it on your blog and share a link with us, or if you don’t have a blog, just share a photo with us in our Facebook group.
5. (Optional) Create your own Mommy and Me Book Club featuring the Virtual Book Club Books. Get together with friends and read the book each month and then do book-inspired activities together.
Find more details about creating a Mommy and Me Book Club HERE.
Don’t forget to come back on September 12th to see all of the featured activities shared to go along with our September 12th book- Ten Apples Up On Top by Dr. Seuss.