This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.
This year we are kicking off our 4th annual year-long Virtual Book Club for Kids and we are hoping you will join us!
This year for Virtual Book Club for Kids we will be featuring one book by a different author each month… all year long!
We are excited to have 12 wonderful bloggers participating as club co-hosts and they will be sharing book-inspired activities on their blogs each month! The book-inspired activities that are shared will be wonderful for toddlers and preschoolers and many can be adapted for older kids as well!
The books we are featuring in 2015-2016 are children’s books that we love and think that all families should add to their home libraries!
Below you will find our featured book list for 2015-2016 and more details regarding how you can participate in Virtual Book Club for Kids this year!
Here is our Book List for 2015-2016:
Each month we will feature book inspired activities on our blogs on the 1st day of the month (unless otherwise noted).
September- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
October- Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
November- Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans (featured on November 2nd)
December- No Virtual Book Club this month
January- The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper
February- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
March- The Tales of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
April- Corduroy by Don Freeman
May- Goldilocks and the 3 Dinosaurs by Mo Willems (featured on May 2nd)
June- The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
July- Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann
August- Brown Bear Brown Bear by Bill Martin Jr.
How to participate in Virtual Book Club for Kids:
1. Start by locating the book for the month and read it with your child sometime during that month! Leave a comment on this post committing to join in all year long!
Most of the books we are featuring can be found at your local library. I have provided Amazon Affiliate links for your ease as well if you want to purchase the books and add them to your home library.
2. Try out one or more of the featured activities shared by our Virtual Book Club for Kids co-hosts with your child. Activities will be posted on the 1st of each month so you can access them all month long.
We will be sharing all of the featured activities over on our Virtual Book Club for Kids Facebook Page so that they are easy for you to find. If you haven’t “Liked” our Facebook page yet you might want to go follow along so you don’t miss the activities. I will also be linking to each activity here on the 1st of each month.
3. Post a photo or tell us about a featured book-inspired activity you did with your child using the featured book on our Virtual Book Club for Kids Facebook Page or in the comments here on the blog.
4. (Optional) Create your own book-inspired activity using the featured book and either share it on your blog and share a link with us, or if you don’t have a blog, just share a photo with us on our Facebook page.
5. (Optional) Create your own Mommy and Me Book Club featuring the Virtual Book Club Books.
Get together with friends and read the book each month and then do book-inspired activities together. Find more details about creating a Mommy and Me Book Club HERE.
If you would like to get to know the other Virtual Book Club for Kids co-hosts for 2015-2016 just click on the links to their blogs below to learn more about them! Their sites are great preschool and toddler learning resources!
Kristina at Toddler Approved (that’s me :))
Kim & Amanda at The Educators’ Spin On It
Cerys at Rainy Day Mum
Cassie at 3 Dinosaurs
Jenae at I Can Teach My Child
Carolyn at The Pleasantest Thing
Jodie at Growing Book By Book
Trisha at Inspiration Laboratories
Devany at Still Playing School
Danielle at Mom Inspired Life
Jennifer at Study at Home Mama
Carla at Preschool Powol Packets
Don’t forget to come back on September 1st to see all of the featured activities shared to go along with our September book- Where the Wild Things Are!