This post is sponsored by Onanoff.
We are music lovers and fans of all things related to technology at our house. Surprisingly we haven’t had any kid headphones in our house until this year. For some reason I thought it was totally OK for the kids to watch a movie on an airplane flight WITHOUT sound. They just recently started protesting, so we had to start researching headphones.
Today I am excited to share a bit about BuddyPhones from Onanoff and why we like them. I also have a super cool giveaway for our readers from Onanoff, so make sure you scroll down.
When I started looking around for headphones I began by Googling “best kid headphones.” The number of types and styles of headphones were overwhelming. There were cutesy ones with animals on them and ear bud ones and just thin ones that looked easy to stow away.
I wanted our new headphones to be…
- volume limiting (to keep my kid’s hearing safe)
- sturdy (since my kids like to destroy things)
- something my kids would actually wear (not too cutesy or ugly)
We bought a few different pairs and they were rarely worn, especially the cutesy animal ones. Instead they were used for pretend play activities where the animals came to life and got dragged around our house. Ha!
When our BuddyPhones arrived at the house my 3-year-old daughter was immediately intrigued. She said, “Can I put those on right now?”
Once we opened the box, we discovered the headset and 5 sets of stickers that could be used to personalize the headsets. Since it was close to the 4th of July my daughter decided to go with the stars and stripes stickers. She thought it was really neat that she got to pick what was on the headphones.
Once we got the stickers on, she put the headset on immediately and wanted to watch a show- of course! 🙂
I loved that she could put the headphones on all by herself since that hasn’t been the case with some of the other sets that we’ve purchased.
The BuddyPhones also fit her head, rested comfortably over her ears, and were easy to set up! The pads that went over her ears looked way more comfortable than the other sets that we have.
Once she got settled in watching a show I realized that the headphone jack had a splitter so that TWO headphones could be used at a time. Genius!! Often my two oldest are sharing headphones and have to each wear an ear bud… or we are rummaging around trying to find a splitter. I loved that this set had one built in!
I was a bit skeptical about BuddyPhones to begin with, since they are pretty new and I hadn’t heard about them very much. I was totally excited to try them out and share my thoughts with you.
Things I liked about BuddyPhones included…
- Cute stickers to personalize the headsets
- Soft and cozy padded headsets that my kids will wear
- No volume control switch for my kids to play with (it is so annoying when they constantly turn the sound up and down)
- Volume levels are capped at 85 decibels (the recommended level by many auditory health organizations)
- A built-in splitter that allows you to share your music and works for any standard 3.5mm headphone jack, so I could use my headphones in the jack and watch a show with my child.
- A decently long cord (0.8m) so that kids don’t have to sit super close to the iPad or computer but that isn’t too long to get twisted around kids
My only two complaints with the BuddyPhones is that they aren’t offered with black ear pads and they only have two colors so far (pink and blue). I have a feeling with my kiddos the white pads are going to get dirty quickly!
You can buy your own set of BuddyPhones easily from Amazon (affiliate link)
Today I am really excited that Onanoff is going to give away a set of BuddyPhones to one of our awesome Toddler Approved readers!
Our BuddyPhones winner can choose either pink or blue headphones (This giveaway is for US residents only).
Giveaway Entry Requirements:
- Make sure to fill in the rafflecopter giveaway entry below and complete the mandatory email entry.
- You can get up to six entries by completing all tasks mentioned in the rafflecopter form below. Some earn you more entries than others.
- This giveaway is open for entry from Wednesday, July 16th to Thursday, July 24th at 12:00am (PST)
- The winning entry will be drawn on Thursday, July 24th. I will notify the winner via email.
- The winner will need to reply to me within 72 hours of my email. If there is no response, a new winner will be drawn.
- See our Official Giveaway Rules for complete guidelines. US Residents only.
This post is sponsored by Onanoff. I was compensated for the time and effort I spent to review the product and host a giveaway. Payment does not guarantee a positive review. All opinions in this post are mine.