Last Night we wrapped up an awesome Spring into Reading Google + Hangout series organized by The Educators’ Spin On It and Inspiration Laboratories. This was my first foray into hangouts on air (video chats) and it was painless (other than watching myself on camera) because these ladies did such a great job planning.
We answered some simple questions about reading and Kim and Trisha shared about some great book giveaways by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, Melissa Taylor, and Sue Fliess. You won’t want to miss them!
You can click on the embedded video below to watch last nights Q&A.
- How do you foster a love of reading in your home?
- How do you decide which books to read with your kids?
- How do you get kids to sit still when reading?
- How do you keep kids focused when reading?
- When do you start reading chapter books to kids?
- What are storytime rituals at your house?
- What are simple ways (that don’t involve any extra materials) that you use to engage your children as you read stories aloud?
You can find all of the other hangouts from the series here (including the one I did about book-related activities that get kids moving!).
What other questions do you wish we had answered? I learned a lot from these ladies and I thought I already knew a lot about reading.