(Sign up for our 100 Acts of Kindness Newsletter here)
In honor of Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday today, I am excited to announce the third annual
100 Acts of Kindness Project!
Our 100 Acts of Kindness Project (inspired by ReadWriteThink) is a challenge that I have been organizing for many years- as a blogger, as a mom, and as an elementary school teacher. Each year I come away more inspired to be better and kinder.
We will be kicking off this year’s challenge on Monday, January 21, 2013 and we will end it with a giant Kindness Celebration on Valentine’s Day- February 14, 2013!
Martin Luther King Jr. has said, “Life’s most urgent question is, what are you doing for others?”
So, what are you doing for others? Do you want to teach your children and students to do more and be kinder to others? Do you want to be a kinder parent and spouse?
I am going to challenge you to join us in this kindness movement.
How can you participate?
1. Accept the challenge to accomplish 100 acts of kindness with your families or students over the next four weeks (Jan 21-Feb 14).
2. Comment to let us know that you are joining us!
3. Create a way to record your acts of kindness. You can find several ideas here from last year.
4. Participate in each simple weekly challenge. We will give you one each Monday for four weeks. Come back to this landing page each Monday to find out your challenge for the week. The challenge images below will take you to each blog when you click on them starting on January 21st.
5. Join us in celebrating with a Kindness Celebration on Valentine’s Day, Feb 14th!
Everyone is invited to join in this kindness celebration! We can all do small things to make our homes, families, communities, schools, and workplaces just a little bit better.
So, will you join us?
Here are your Weekly Challenges:
I am so excited that my friends from Coffee Cups & Crayons, The Educators’ Spin On It, Teach Preschool, and Creative with Kids will be issuing our kindness challenges this year! I can’t wait to see what they come up with to help us become more kind!
Come back each Monday (starting January 21st at 9am PST) and click on the buttons below to unlock your new challenge each week.
We have several more blogging friends who will be sharing ideas for encouraging and teaching kindness all month long, so check back on the blog each day to see what they are sharing.
10 Simple Acts of Kindness Kids Can Do via The Good Long Road
Kindness Project for All Ages via Living Montessori Now and Raising Figure Skaters
Being Kind to Strangers via Kitchen Counter Chronicles
A Valentine’s Day Countdown via One Perfect Day
Kindness at Home via Glittering Muffins
15 Neighbor Gifts via Inspired by Family Magazine
Book Giving Day via Smiling Like Sunshine
Remembering those who Serve via JDaniel 4’s Mom
Easy Everyday Acts of Kindness via Pragmatic Mom
We can all do something. No act of kindness is too small. Come and join us in this challenge!
Grab a button to add to your blog if you’d like and spread the word.