Congrats to our winner who shared the following milestone (in addition to several other comments)…
Check your email!
Do you record the goofy things that your kids say on a daily basis?
Where do you write them down?
I am a blogger (obviously :)) so I tend to record basically every aspect of our life on this blog or our family blog. I am constantly behind though… and not always nearby a computer to jot down the funny things that get blurted out at random moments.
My husband always has his phone with him… so he started a private Twitter account called @saidthekiddos where he types some of the silly (or profound) things our kids say. I seriously laugh out loud when I read some of the things he posts.
Every day I miss some key moments though… because I say to myself, “oh I’ll write that on the blog or on Facebook later,” but then by the time later rolls around, I’ve forgotten what I was going to write.
When Katie McCabe’s niece started saying loads of precious things, she wanted to find a kids quotes journal for her niece’s parents so that they could record everything. She couldn’t find the perfect one, so she decided to make her own! My Angel Said What? A Journal for Quotes From Your Little One was her creation!
Katie sent me a copy of her cute journal to try out. To be honest, I was skeptical. I am not a huge fan of cutesy things and am totally not a baby book or scrapbook sort of person. I am also all about things being paperless, so if it isn’t on the computer or my phone, then it is in the trash.
Since I had this new journal, I decided to challenge myself to use it!
Here are a few things I liked about the journal as I used it:
- It is a hardcover book and is very sturdy and durable
- Each page has a lot of space for writing about things your child has said… and there are a lot of pages!
- There are simple and sweet quotes about kids sprinkled throughout the book
- The journal can be used for multiple kids
- It isn’t just a quote book- there are spots to record simple things about your kids as you interview them (favorite things, friends, milestones, accomplishments, etc.)
- It is compact and can easily be left on the kitchen counter and not take up too much space… or can be slipped into my diaper bag to bring with us on the go.
It was a hoot writing down some of the things that my kids said immediately after they said them… and so nice to have them all in one place… not in emails of text messages to my husband.
My toddler just started talking out of control within the past month, so I have a feeling we’ll have a lot of entries from her soon too. Up to this point most entries have been by my 4 year old. I have enjoyed interviewing him about his friends and favorite things as we get ready to start a new school year.
If you stop by my house you’ll most likely see this little journal sitting out on the counter with a pen right next to it. I really think it is cute… and useful, so I’m going to keep up my challenge and use it. With the pregnancy brain I have going on right now and the serious sleep deprivation ahead (with my newborn arriving soon), I will need all the help I can get to remember funny and sweet moments… especially when I am overtired and am focusing on anything BUT those happy instances.
If you’re interested in getting your own little journal, head over to MyAngelSaidWhat.com to purchase a copy for yourself. This journal would also be a great addition to any baby shower gift.
Katie is also giving away one copy of My Angel Said What? to one of our awesome Toddler Approved readers!
Here’s how you can enter the giveaway:
Simply add a comment stating that you did each of the following:
(Please include your email address with each entry)
1. Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment with your email address below.** Please remember to leave your email address with your entry. That is mandatory to enter into the giveaway.
2. Additional Optional Entries:
- Tell us something cute/funny that your toddler or child has said recently!
- Share about one of your child’s recent accomplishments or milestones
- Be the first or last one to enter and get an EXTRA entry!!
*** Make sure to leave a comment for each additional optional entry so that we can make sure to count it. You get one point for each entry. If you write everything in one comment, then it will only count as one entry.
- This giveaway is open for entry from Tuesday, September 4th to Tuesday, September 11th at 11:59pm (PST)
- The random entry will be drawn on September 11th and announced on this post. I will notify the winner via email.
- The winner will need to reply to me within 72 hours of this announcement/email. If there is no response, a new winner will be drawn.
- See our Official Giveaway Rules for complete guidelines. US Residents only.
I can’t wait to see who wins!!
For more info on My Angel Said What? and updates, you can find Katie in these spots…
Disclosure: This is a product review and giveaway on behalf of My Angel Said What? My Angel Said What? will be compensating me for this post. All posts reflect my personal opinion and endorsement and are not swayed by compensation and/or free products. Please note that this post reflects my opinion and preferences and you might not share that same opinion.