The following post is from our kid's craft and activity contributor EJ:
Today I'm sharing one of our my family's favorite way to play ping pong - "hands free". Nothing like the real version, yet simple enough for younger children to play.
All that you need by way of equipment is a ping pong ball and a table (kitchen table, card table, kids craft table, etc.). You can play with as few as two players, or as many as will fit around your designated table. If you have 4 (or more) players, it is fun to group players into teams.
All players must hold their hands behind their backs, and can only move the ball by blowing it. Everyone is given a section of the table to defend, and tries to prevent the ping pong ball from falling off their designated section (without using their hands).
A point is given each time you successfully blow the ping pong ball off of your opponents side. We usually play to 5, then take a break (so that no one hyperventilates).
Confession: I am horrible at this game because I'm always laughing too hard to generate any wind power. It's that fun(ny).
Have you watched any ping pong (aka table tennis) during the Olympics?
Are you looking for any other Olympic themed activities? Here are all of the Camp Mom Olympic themed activities we've shared so far:
- Olympic Fun: Lego Ring sorting activity
- 6 Simple Activities for Celebrating the Olympic Opening Ceremonies
- Summer Olympic Charades
- Olympic Fun: Felt Ring Puzzle
- Olympic Friendship Bracelets at Life Your Way
- Olympics for Kids: Build a Lego Mascot at Quirky Momma
- Animal Olympics Catapult
- Olympic Fun: Cork Archery
- Olympic Fun: Simple Cardboard Canoe
- Kid Bloggers Go Olympics: Straw Javelin Throw
- Olympic Fun: Straw High Jump