Welcome to the Friday Kid’s Co-op Linky! Today I am excited to share a Giant Earth Day game we created this week with you. It has been a huge hit with my kids because it is fun and also teaches about taking care of the Earth.
- colored cardstock
- Save the Earth board game pieces
- Markers (to draw your pictures)
- lamination paper or a laminator (so you can keep this for awhile)
- painters tape to stick the game board pieces to your floor
- a large die
- Print out your game pieces onto different colored cardstock
- Draw your pictures to go along with each game piece (mine were terrible… you can all do better)
- Laminate your pieces
- Tape them to the floor
- Start playing!!
- Roll the die
- Move forward however many spaces it says
- Read the card you land on and do the activity or the action it says
- Stay on whatever you card you land until your next turn
This activity combines just basic reminders about recycling and helping the Earth to stay healthy along with a few fun Earth-friendly activities. Some cards ask you to do an activity… like sort through your toys and find a few to donate or play a recycling toss game. We have played this game several times this week, including once as a family on Monday night.
Everyone had a great time!
You can download my version of the board game pieces here or just make your own.
The activities suggested in the game include…
- Play a recycling toss game
- Make an Earth Day Craft project. We made Earth Day stenciled towels!
- Go outside and pick up trash
- Sort through your toys and donate a few you don’t need/use
- Sing a song about the Earth… or make up your own?
- Go on a hunt around your house for materials you can recycle
- Go outside and enjoy the Earth! Go on a nature walk!
- Make a special snack to celebrate Earth day.
Do you have any other activities you’d add to our list?
How are you celebrating Earth Day?
Do you have a favorite activity you’d done this week? Come share it as part of the Kid’s Co-op Linky! We’d love to feature you next week!