Today I was a guest blogger over on Cachey Mama’s Classroom. Each Wednesday Lori invites a different blogger over to share items on their “wish list.”
I have been reading Amanda Morgan’s book, Parenting with Positive Guidance so I decided to reflect less on the material items on my wish list and more on my personal mom wish list… you know, the list of things I wish I was better at as a mom?
I have a whole new list after just reading the first chapter of Amanda’s book.
So… I have a really long list now, but part of it is below…
I wish for a mom who…
- says yes every time that I ask her to come play with me
- looks for the good in me each day and then teaches me to DO good through her example
- is well rested and energetic and takes good care of herself
- teaches me to be a good friend to others
- allows me the independence I need to grow and learn on my own
- has high expectations for me but loves me despite any silly mistakes that I make
- always listens when I am talking and pays attention to me (doesn’t multi-task while we are talking)
What else would you add?
What would your kids add to their mom wish list?
PS- Isn’t this photo of my daughter precious? She was playing peekaboo with me the other afternoon and I managed to snap a photo.