I am always looking for a way to get my son to try foods he says he doesn't like. He says he hates bananas and will never try them... until today. Success!
This recipe is simple and delicious.
Ingredients: popsicle sticks or lollipop sticks, bananas (cut up), canned milk, bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup salted butter, and sprinkles.
1. Cut up the bananas.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan on the stove on low. Add half the bag of chocolate chips once the butter is melted along with two tablespoons of milk. Stir often and quickly. Add more milk to create the desired consistency. I like the chocolate to be pretty thin. (I let kids help stir things on the stove if I am right there with them. This is an Adult Supervised job!)
3. Dip the lollipop sticks in chocolate and then stick them into the bananas. Put them in the freezer for awhile. We were hungry... so we weren't patient... but if you put them in the freezer for an hour or so, the sticks will stay in the bananas longer... and frozen bananas are delish!
4. Dip them in chocolate.
5. Roll them in your favorite toppings.
6. Put them aside to set. An egg carton is a great place to hold them. It can easily go into the fridge or freezer.
7. Or you can just start eating right away...
Bananas are so good! Just what I was hoping!
Hurray for cooking camp and trying new things! Sometimes Mom is right 🙂
Ever wonder what the baby is doing when we are cooking? First she ate several banana pieces and then she spent some time practicing standing! I can't believe my baby is over 8 months old now!