Lately when I choose presents for my son’s friends, I have been trying to come up with active or creative gifts that kids can use with their parents or friends… instead of just toys or clothes.
Below are a few of my favorite gift ideas for preschoolers and toddlers. I usually don’t give every single item, but mix and match from my list depending on who the gift is for.
1. Do-A-Dot Painting kit (Includes Do-A-Dot paints, a large drawing pad, and a list of fun art projects we like to do with the paints)
The website Confessions of a Homeschooler has tons of Do-A-Dot ABC activities to include.
2. Basket of Toddler Activity Books with some crafty materials my son loves… and likes to share with friends.
Materials I include: Some play-doh, ABC cookie cutters, and a play-doh rolling pin… or Magnetic white board, white board makers, and ABC (or animal) magnets.
3. The Best of the Mailbox Arts & Crafts for Preschoolers… and some basic craft materials.
Craft materials I include: Fiskars kid scissors, glue sticks, foam ABC and various shaped stickers, small tablet of cardstock or construction paper, and Eco stars (box of recycled star-shaped crayons)- they are adorable and so fun to draw with!
4. Parents Magazine Bee Bop Band Play & Learn Drum & Instruments… and a CD with my son’s favorite Beatles songs (his favorite music group at the moment).
5. Basket full of a few of our favorite picture books… and instructions for fun activities families can do together that are related to the stories.
Picture Books I include: (although there are far too many to choose from, so these can be changed up easily)
In the Tall Tall Grass by Denise Fleming
Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
The Little Engine that Could by Watty Piper
Click Clack Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin
Moo, Baa, La La by Sandra Boynton
Activities I include:
Do you have any favorite gifts you love to give right now?? I am always looking for things to add to my list!